It is very easy when bad things happen to feel like things will always be that way. That our life will always be flawed. That things will never go right for us.
This kind of generalisation, while incredibly easy to do, is not helpful in the slightest.
Here’s a tapping to remove this behaviour pattern.
While continually tapping the karate chop or collarbone points, say the following phrases, and as you do, pay attention and pick out the one that has the biggest effect on yourself:
- bad things always happen to me
- bad things will always happen
- bad things will continue to happen
- bad luck always affects me
- I’ve always had terrible luck
Tapping out the negative
now loop through three entire loops (from crown through to wrists) using the phrase you picked out, and saying:
- even though I believe that [negative statement] I deeply and completely love and forgive (or accept) myself
then take a deep breath, and let it all go
Tapping in the positive
finally, loop through as many times as you like, saying the following (one sentence at each point). If any of the phrases resonate with you, feel free to say it over and over as many times as you like. Continue until you feel relief & calm.
- sure, bad things do happen occasionally
- but good things happen all the time
- good things are always happening
- the good things that have happened to me have changed my life for the better
- good things will continue to happen to me
- the more I get sorted, the fewer bad things will happen
- the more I get sorted, the less I’ll be affected by bad things
- bad events happen, but I don’t have to let them affect me
- I don’t have to hang on to the bad things that happen to me
- I choose to let go of bad events
- I choose to see bad events as temporary
- I choose to see good events as having a continuous positive effect on my life
- I choose to realise that bad events are only temporary