Humans adapt to new situations very quickly.
It’s quite normal for us to become accustomed to something, even if that new thing is actually terrible for us.
Worse, once we’re settled into that way of being, we become afraid of change, even if that change would benefit us.
One thing EFT will do a lot is change your life. Always for the better.
So, it’s best for us to get rid of this fear of change.
While continually tapping the karate chop or collarbone points, say the following phrases, and as you do, pay attention and pick out the one that has the biggest effect on yourself:
- I hate change
- change is bad for me
- I’m terrified things might get worse
- I’m happy where I am
Tapping out the negative
now loop through three entire loops (from crown through to wrists) using the phrase you picked out, and saying:
- even though [negative statement] I deeply and completely love and forgive (or accept) myself
then take a deep breath, and let it all go
Tapping in the positive
finally, loop through as many times as you like, saying the following (one sentence at each point). If any of the phrases resonate with you, feel free to say it over and over as many times as you like. Continue until you feel relief & calm.
- change is my friend
- if things don’t change they’ll never get any better
- only change allows my life to improve
- I must change to get better
- change is good
- the only thing I can depend on in life is change
- everything in my life is changing and getting better